Chia's House of Stirfry header image 2

Neverending Card – Tutorial

September 29th, 2008 · 19 Comments

This is the easiest way to make the Neverending Card that I know. It does give you a few extra score lines that you don’t really need but it makes learning the card a lot simpler so I think it is a good trade off for your first attempt. At the end I’ll point out the unnecessary lines and you can decide if you want to take them out on future cards.

Step one. Cut four pieces of cardstock that are 3″ x 6″. (This size will result in a 6″ x 6″ finished card)

Step two. Score a line 1-1/2″ in from all sides as shown below:

nv1.jpg

Step three.  Place two of the cards on the table as shows, long sides butted against each other and scored marks lining up.

nv2.jpg

Step four. Place glue or double stick tape in the four outer corners.

nv3.jpg

Step five.  Place the remaining two pieces on top of the first two, turning them perpendicular to the first two and once again butting the long edges together.

nv4.jpg

nv5.jpg

Step six.  Construction is now complete. As you open each  level push the sides towards the back and crease well along the fold line. Check out the video to see how the pages fold back.

NOTES

Check out the diagram below. You don’t really need to score the line down the center of the card. The red section does absolutely nothing for you. The blue section was only there to help you line up your tape or glue in step four. It is very important that your adhesive doesn’t extend beyond the blue line so I suggest you mark this part of the line either with a pencil or by scoring.

nv6.jpg

Here is something to keep in mind when decorating your card. There will be four different faces and for the most part they can be decorated independent of the other faces. However, there is one section that can be viewed as part of both face two and face three.

nv8.jpg

nv9.jpg

So that’s it. It’s a whole lot easier than it looks, isn’t it? Now go and make a card… and don’t forget to show me how it turns out!

If you found this tutorial helpful please help support this website by visiting our advertisers. Thank you.

Tags: Projects

StumbleUpon Icon Stumble it!

19 responses so far ↓

• 1 Billie // Sep 30, 2008 at 12:11 am

This tutorial is great – makes the card so simple and easy to follow – I’m sure all your readers will appreciate it! Know I loved learning the how to and now have a great way to remember the steps. Thanks my friend!

• 2 Wendy // Sep 30, 2008 at 8:12 am

That was a lot of work to do the tutorial. Thank you!

• 3 Judy Bidwell // Sep 30, 2008 at 10:36 am

Thank you!! Thank you!! I am going to make two of these — one for each of my grandbabies. They will love it!!

• 4 chia // Sep 30, 2008 at 5:53 pm

You all are very welcome.

• 5 Cookie // May 31, 2009 at 11:52 pm

ok, now I HAVE to try this card…. thanks for the tutorial… I think I might be able to do it since I’ve seen it like this…..

• 6 chia // Jun 1, 2009 at 9:33 am

Good luck, Cookie. This is a fun card.

BTW, your post was here in time for the contest, I was having computer problems and just didn’t get it approved till the next morning. You’ll be in the drawing later today. :)

• 7 blueheavendonna // Jun 13, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Several years ago, I made a larger version of this card with family photos for my mother’s 9oth birthday…she nearly wore the folds out looking at it over the years. She felt it was a treasure trove of memories.

• 8 Lisa // Oct 30, 2010 at 4:34 pm

Your instructions are so clear! Is there any way to print them out so I can refer to them while I’m working?
    TIA
    Lisa

• 9 Chia // Oct 30, 2010 at 4:44 pm

Blueheavendonna, I’m so sorry that I never responded to you! I’m just now seeing your comment. The use of family photos sounds like a fantastic idea and a most thoughtful gift for your mother!

Lisa, I don’t have a handy print button. I don’t know how to add one or I would. :) What I do when I want a copy of something from a blog is to right click – copy the entire post, then paste it into a new WORD document and print it out from there. Good luck with your card and thanks for the compliment.

• 10 Mary Ann // Feb 28, 2011 at 10:12 am

Just had to let you know that I used your instructions to make a neverending card and it was so easy. The card was for my daughter’s birthday — and even though she is 20 years old, she was really wow’ed by the card. She was showing all her college friends the cool card her mom made her! Thanks so much for your tutorial. Your instructions were so easy to follow, and all the little tips/hints you gave about the score lines and the face 2 and face 3 overlapping images were really helpful.

• 11 Chia // Feb 28, 2011 at 11:37 am

Hi Mary Ann,
    Thanks for the great feedback! I’m so happy the instructions helped you and that your daughter was impressed with your work.

• 12 stephi // Apr 11, 2011 at 12:46 am

Hi, Stephi from sweden here. Im gonna try to make this funny card now! Thanks for charing.

• 13 Chia // Apr 11, 2011 at 8:43 am

Hi Stephi,
    Good luck with the card. :)

• 14 Sylvia // Jul 6, 2011 at 10:36 am

Thanks for the clear illustrations. I’m definitely a visual learner. I now see what I’m suppose to do. Thanks again!

• 15 Chia // Jul 6, 2011 at 11:05 am

You are welcome, Sylvia. Good luck with your card. :)

• 16 Asia // Mar 3, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Will this card work as long as the panels are cut twice as long as they are wide? Ex) Rather than 4 panels cut at 3 by 6, could I use panels cut at 4 by 8 or 5 by 10?

• 17 Chia // Mar 3, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Asia, yes I think so (It has been a while since I made these). You will have to adjust your fold lines on them. You will notice that on a 3″ wide panel the fold line was in 1 1/2″. That’s half of the width. So if you make them 4×8 put the fold lines at 2″ and if 5×10 put them at 2 1/2.

• 18 Misaki_Aoi // Jul 14, 2012 at 9:41 am

Gosh! Thank you for this tutorial. Now I have a new idea for my project. I was trying to experiment how to make a travel brochure more exciting. Thank you for explaining the instructions clearly :)

• 19 Liz // Jan 9, 2013 at 6:22 am

Hi, thank you for sharing your talent . This tutorial looks like it will be very easy to follow. I saw this card on a video on YouTube. I inboxed the person and she was kind enough to email me a link to your blog which is the only tutorial she could find for me as she had obtained it from a overseas website. I am happy just the sme because I like this card very much. I cannot wait to make it for my self. Thanks again. Have a crafty day. :)